Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not With Old Leaven


This has been a great weekend with friends and family. I am so thankful for what God has been doing not only in my life, but in people around me as well. I feel connected to the body of Christ. God’s loves overflows. 

The verse today is 1 Corinthians 5:8, “For Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

This scripture is huge!!! Before this verse, it talks about arrogance within the church body, or “boasting.” This boasting is referred to as leaven, or the being puffed up. Verse 6 says that if there is a little leaven, the whole “lump” will be leaven. This is a metaphor for arrogance within the church body. Within this arrogance comes malice and evil. 

As a Christian, I have absolutely no reason to boast be prideful. Christ has been killed in my place because of my sin! I just want to say THIS IS HUGE! I want to celebrate with a humble heart, and with others who are humble as well. With this humility is sincerity and truth.

So I think this verse is a reminder of what Jesus has done for me, how I am supposed to be, and who I associate with. 

I John 1:7, “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his son cleanses us from all unrighteousness.”

Thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. Keep it real! Keep it pure!! God is the reason for every gift we have, every blessing we've received. Let's not forget it

    ReplyDelete